This is the million dollar question – ‘’how to prevent and reduce signs of ageing’’? Signs of ageing can appear in many forms such as: fine lines and wrinkles, skin laxity, poor skin quality and texture etc. It’s super important to understand prevention is better than cure.
At Inside Aesthetics we can help you implement steps in your daily, weekly and monthly routine to help protect your skin from fine lines and wrinkles getting worse.
How do I get rid of wrinkles on my face?
Wrinkles develop in the skin overtime from ageing, sun exposure, lifestyle etc and once they start to appear it’s impossible to reverse the effects but there are steps you can take to help improve the appearance.
How can I treat wrinkles at home?
Here are a few steps you can follow at home:
1. Sun exposure and sun damage is a main cause of wrinkles and poor skin laxity and quality. It’s important to implement a good skincare routine that you can perform morning and evening to nourish and protect your skin. Using medical grade skin care ensures the ingredients of the products will penetrate effectively and achieve results. At Inside Aesthetics we recommend ‘’ZO medical grade skincare’’ – this includes steps such as: cleansing, toning, exfoliating, hydrating and protecting (SPF) through various products. The last step being the most important ‘’SPF’’ – using a SPF 30-50 will help prevent deeper, more prominent wrinkles developing
2. Staying hydrated – drinking plenty of water can help hydrate your skin giving a clearer and healthier complexion
3. Healthy Diet – nourishing your body from the inside plays a massive part in how your skin is on the outside.
4. Supplements – such as collagen and herbal supplements can help have a positive outcome on your skin quality.
Here are a few in-clinic treatments that can help target signs of wrinkles:
Monthly – Quarterly Steps
1. Medical Grade Exfoliation and Resurfacing – ensuring your skin is deeply cleansed and exfoliated through a medical grade treatment will help your home products to penetrate deeper and help resurface your skin, preventing wrinkles getting worse and improving the appearance. Treatment such as: hydrafacial, chemical peels and microneedling can be effective solutions.
2. Injectables – aesthetic treatments can be highly effective to help prevent and lessen signs of wrinkles, giving a more youthful and refreshed appearance. Treatments such as:
Anti-Wrinkle Injections – can help to weaken the muscle around the upper face to prevent crows feets and frown lines.
Skin Boosters – hyaluronic acid can help hydrate the skin internally, improving plumpness and nourishing the skin, improving the signs of wrinkles.
Dermal filler – can help to replace volume
Morpheus 8 – a radio frequency treatment that can help rejuvenation the skin and reduce fine line and wrinkles
What is the best treatment for wrinkles?
Unfortunately, there is not one solution or treatment but a combination of in-clinic treatments and at home skincare that is the most effective.
We advise having a complimentary consultation with one of our aesthetics practitioners so they can guide you through the best treatment plan to target your concerns. Your treatment plan will depend on your age, lifestyle and budget.